June 15, 2005

Heating up in Houston

The heat index here is consistently over 100 degrees, and I can't turn my air conditioner down lower than 78 without feeling the wrath of the electic company... big time. As you may recall, I hate three things: zombies, mayo, getting jabbed in the eyes, and now I have added a fourth... being HOT all the friggin time. My cat and dog fight over the nice cool lineoleum space in the kitchen to lay on. Sometimes I feel like chasing them off and planting my face on it. Sigh.

Things are good here... though I am beginning to have serious anxiety about how my life is going. Don't get me wrong.... it's good. Jack is wonderful, friends are great.... but my series of temp. jobs is irritating. I would really like one decently-paying job instead of coordinating three (that's right.... THREE, PT sales manager @ Victoria's Secret, PT as a personal assistant/admin assistant with a non-profit law firm, and PT bartending a few nights a week) part time jobs to make ends meet adequately. I either need to get into law school, or find ONE job. This proves harder than you may think... because in spite of my credentials, people are slow to hire someone who can only spend a year with them before going to an undisclosed law school. Bullshit. I am trying my hardest to secure a clerking job with a law firm... and have landed a preliminary interview. Maybe this will come through for me, and I can quit the other jobs. Cross your fingers for me.