February 1, 2006

It's the MOST Wonderful Time of the Year!

Tax season! Many will find that absurd, but for me, tax time is when I get to call in that interest-free loan I've been extending to the U.S. Government for 13 months.

This year's refund: $1240.00

Not too shabby, am I right? That's becuase as a married student with high tuition filing jointly, our total income tax for the year was $0. Education deductions, sales tax deduction (that's right- you get a deduction just becuase if the insanely high TN sales tax).... It's great. I highly recommend TurboTax. For just $10-20 (depending on which version), you get all this done and transferred to your bank in about 10 days.

Now what do I do with that $1240? I guess I have to share it with the wife, since she accounted for about 85% of the income.