February 21, 2006

Seems like an opportune time to post

Most of you have met my sister, Kristina. She can be a little over-dramatic. Well, over the summer, she told me something I've carried with me, half in speculation. She told me about how lots of young women get married and really have a sort of identity crisis for a while. She said that you want so much to be a good wife that you feel(for days or for months) like that's all you can be. She explained that it's a process of breaking one's self down to one thing, when that one challenge is all you have room for. What you eventually learn to do is, slowly and carefully build yourself back. Eventually, your individuality won't necessarily clash with the duties that come with being 1/2 of a successful team.
In the summer, I thought she was just being dramatic. And now, at the tail-end of winter, I can attest that(at least in my case) she was onto something.

The post-baccalaureate year is really not fun! At least getting married has cushioned the blow and I'm not in Nashville, totally disconnected. I'm not that fond of my full-time salaried job. I'm still learning how to function in a way that is helpful to my colleagues; I'm fairly new at it. To be honest, I feel like this period in my working life is something similar to a hero's trial. I pray to GOD that graduate school is in my near future, that I will eventually find work I'm passionate about.If you ask, I will let on that I have a few ideas for that. a few.

i'm boring aren't i? you've stopped reading, so now I can really get crazy and not use ANY punctuation! or can i.

Let's see~Dudley's getting pretty big now, but aren't we all. Josh and I have an appointment tomorrow night with a trainer at the YMCA--the first of 4 meetings in this 12 week shape-up thing. We're using Bonnaroo as our goal, since it'll be hot out there and lots of people won't be wearing clothes. I've got my hopes up for this personal trainer thing, but fully doubt it'll be like they spotlight on E!, whipping those celebs into shape.
We've been hanging out with some people lately that I never really knew in high school, like Alison(Grewing) and Mike Nash and Billy Hammock and Jody Southards(band buddies,all of them). So that's cool. We're also currently church-hunting and have visited a couple of really really "different" ones. yikes. And you thought I was extreme?!

I guess I'd also like to mention that Josh and I are probably up for, or atleast will consider, another road-trip and/or inexpensive travel outing with any of you guys. Bonnaroo is June16-19th, but we're open to a long weekend, an overnight campout(NOT at my parents property...ever again. what an uncomfortable night!), or something else. So share your ideas. We might even be willing to come to you.

Jason Myatt--when is the wedding? I remember it was tentatively set for June.
Matt Rogers--when are you going to famous? How's that going?
Johnna~Where even are you? Josh said your email came back to him. Let's get together some time.
Scott--(i just know you like being included.scott rules.)

Alright. Til next time!
(Oh and we attended a Marijuana Criminalization debate at Vandy last night. You can discuss that if you like.)