August 19, 2005

where ya been?

Hey guys… Scott here… just wanted to check back in and let you know that I’m still alive… for starters Mandy, my girlfriend of 19 months, and I broke up about 4 weeks ago. It was certainly a situation where we both retained a great deal of respect for each other, and even acknowledged that we worked really well together, but agreed that we were both at different points in our lives and that we both needed different things over the next 5 years or so… and it would be silly of either one of us to deny the other of those experiences that are due to them- from my perspective that would be Mandy actually getting to have a regular college experience… she really deserves that and more… I sincerely hope she gets to have an awesome next few years and gets to go do lots of fun and exciting college things- things that she is 100% entitled to… Mandy is the first and only girl that I have separated from and still wanted to remain friends with… I know its a little weird right now, and that maybe it will be for several months… but I hope one day I can count her as my friend and know she feels the same way about me… and its not like I kind of feel that way, or halfway hope that’s how it is… I mean I REALLY would be upset if I knew I wouldn't be able to keep in contact with her… I don’t know if its odd that I feel that way- but I just know that I do… I know you guys never really got to know her all that well, but she is an amazing girl/woman with so many great qualities. She is going to excel in everything that she does and I have no doubt about that….

I’m back in Memphis now for pharmacy school… I’ve moved up in the house to the 3rd floor that is very much like a “bonus” room… like an attic that has been painted, carpeted, and air conditioned so its just a really big room with slanted walls… I really love it up here. I have so much space that I just don’t know what to do with it. I feel like I want to put in a pool table or something… but school is good… its almost fun to learn stuff… I’m the ranking house person this weekend so I’ll be more or less in charge of the party here where we are expecting anywhere from 150-220 people (the new expanded p-1 class alone has 181 people.. plus however many of the 100 or so people in the fraternity show up)… yikes… I don’t know where they are all going to fit… I’m kind of nervous about that… its been kind of hectic being the VP… the president lives about 30 minutes away and I live here in the frat house kind of were it all goes down… so about 75% of the time it seems like people are asking me when/where/how for the rush events that we’ve had this week… I’ll be glad when this is all done… let me just say that much. Seeing all the new p-1s reminds me just how big of a year last year was for me. Things seem like they are just a world apart from where I was when I came in. Its hard to explain that… I’m looking forward to josh’s wedding in a few weeks… I’ll be calling most of you guys for josh’s bachelor party which will be that FRIDAY before labor day… so keep that night clear… I’ll fill you in with details!

Well I better get some sleep…In about 22 hours my house will be filled with over 100 (at least) people, a DJ with loud music and a fog machine… and lots of other bad stuff that I don’t even want to think about… I guess it just comes with the turf… I just thought that these people would have got all their partying out of their systems in undergrad BEFORE they came here… just seems more like they try to step it up even more… ugh… I guess if I drank alcohol in any shape or form I might have a better time at these things… seems like everyone else does! But it will still be fun… I’ve met a ton of people and maybe I can solidify some of those friendships… holla!