August 6, 2005

Your mother.

Life is hectic here in Houston!

I love the new job... many many perks such as; free (and tasty) lunches, reduced parking fees, free 24-hr. travel agent, free tickets to major sporting events, cool people, very interesting work, not to mention the free espresso/cappucino/coffee/soda bar on every floor. When I get tired, I simply phone over to the coffee bar and ask for a skinny cappucino... and they just bring it to me!

Life is hectic... but pretty freakin sweet.

I am still with G****, where I spend roughly 15-20 hours a week still maintaining their billing efforts and accounts. This is typically done after Fulbright work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and usually one weekend day in addition. I am here now, and will also be tomorrow fixing billing and getting out invoices. The hours are totally flexible, so I just come and and work my butt of when I need some extra cash. Not too shabby.

Roxy, my dog is still giving me problems. She keeps having two or three GOOD weeks with no accidents.. and then she has a day like yesterday which went like this:

I was taking a much-needed nap when I awoke to a weird crunching noise. To my horror, the fucking dog had COMPLETELY chewed up a new pair of 75 dollar sandals I got at a sample sale. I spanked her with the shoe and threw her in her cage for the next 2 hours, placing the shoe directly in front of her to remind her of HOW BAD SHE IS. Later, I let her out, soften up and pet her.. having gotten over my rage. I take her outside, she goes to the bathroom, and I let her jump in the bed with me (Time is now 11pm). I wake up @ 6am to find that she has destroyed a cat toy, peed on the rug Jack got me, and taken a crap in front of the front door. Whoever said dogs aren't smart enough to be vindictive was SO wrong. This dog is a canine replica of me... that is exactly what I would do. Fuck.

Ah well... there is my life to current.