June 21, 2006

Things you may not know about me

1.) Nina and I moved in together at the beginning of June. So far it is going well, and hasn't been too much of an adjustment, since we spent most of our free time with each other anyway. Statistically, this means we are twice as likely to get a divorce if we get married. Then again, 78% of statistics are made up on the spot, so I don't know how much stock I would put into that.

2.) We got a puppy. She's about 2 months old, and is a pure-bred Bernese Mountain Dog. She is a pretty good dog, just a butt-load of work. I didn't realize how much attention and supervision puppies needed, but it seems like they need as much as a baby...a mobile baby that poops* on the carpet and can destroy things. We're still a bit uncertain if we'll keep her, but either way I'll post pictures some time soon.

3.) I'm going to Madagascar. It will be for a little over a month, probably around October. I'll be the lab tech at that time for a project that CDC is doing over there. I'm excited, since that is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and I doubt I'll be presented with another opportunity like this again.

*Side note: The word "poop" isn't recognized by the spell check program. I wouldn't think it was that uncommon.