May 12, 2005

Fleas, LSATs and Fire

All: a lot of this is on my own blog http://thelasttea.blogspot.com, but I have added more for you all. Enjoy.

Ok... my life has been EXTREMELY busy lately, so I'll give a brief, but detailed update:

-I am no longer working at JVC:South. This is a long story, but the short of it is; my boss and I didn't really get along, I'm not Catholic and she really wanted a temp. to catch the office up, and not a full-time worker... and didn't tell me this upon hiring. I felt strung-out and lied to... and I wrote the board a letter saying just that. The silver lining is, I really think I dodged a bullet here.... the organization is going downhill fast, and will probably be defunct thanks to the Director's stellar leadership, in less than three years. Sucks for her.

-Currently, I am job searching and working at Victoria's Secret to pay the bills. Hahaha....yes, I know the irony of the situation. The pay is terrible, but it will pay the rent and bills (barely... seriously), until I can find something else more lucrative and/or promising. Plus, I get a merchandise discount, and ANYONE who has seen my lingerie closet knows this is good.

-I discovered Penelope had fleas... I freaked out an IMMEDIATELY Frontlined her furry little ass. And sterilized my apartment. Ew.

-Yesterday my hairdryer caught on fire, and shot flames that ignited both my bathroom rug.... and Penelope's tail. Her tail was smoking, and she was trying to run away from it.... tearing around the house. Sigh... I grabbed her mid-leap and rubbed her against the carpet until it stopped. Poor thing... and poor me... I had to get a new blowdryer! :) Kidding.

-LSAT LSAT LSAT! I am studying on average 20 hours a week for this exam, and my average practice tests score is 156... only because I had a fluke 147 yesterday after taking the test in a LOUD bookstore who was playing Billy Idol. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mr. Idol, however, I don't think "Rock the Cradle of Love" is condusive to taking a three-hour test! At least now I know that I can take the test in ANY type of environment. Today, I got a practice score of 163, and this alleviated my depression over the 147... and raised my average to a 158.

-Jack and I are doing great, but both are having anxiety over being apart over the summer and not getting to spend nearly as much time together as we had hoped.... especially if I get another serious job. Also, he learned tonight that his grandmother had a heart attack last night, and requires a QUINTUPLE bypass surgery tomorrow. His grandfather just passed away in October, and he is still upset about that (they were really close, and he couldn't be there when he died). I'm trying to cheer him up best I can... but I can tell it's really getting to him. We sat together tonight and narrowed down my list of law schools... since he said he would move with me.

I hope this finds everyone well.... I'm going to try to get to Nashville this summer around Bryan's wedding!