December 11, 2005

happy christmahoniqwanzika!

Hey guys… just thought I might get in a pre-holiday update. Things are going good… as VP I’m responsible for our annual window display project. This years topic I’ve decided will be avian flu. I drew up a brochure which everyone seems to like… on the front it says “Avian Flu: and YOU” and there is a picture of a little cute chicken and next to him a guy is looking on in horror… I think its kind of funny, but yeah… had them printed up on canary yellow paper, about 1,000 and I distributed them out to the different class mates who will give them out at their pharmacies over the holidays. Next semester, the real project kicks in and we go around to about 12 locations through the months of January and February and do about a 3 hour display (in the process of making a large display/tri fold board with Avian Flu info) event at each location, we also have a table to the side for a free hypertension screening at each event, kind of a double whammi… so to speak… I passed my patient evaluation practical, and that was fun… my professor was presenting with cardiac, pulmonary, ENT (ear nose throat) , and extremity abnormalities so I got to poke and prod them, and stick that otoscope in their ears.. and feel their feet, ect… and I got a A on that part which made me feel good, and I passed the part where we had to take our stethoscopes and use cuff and check the BP on a fake arm that has been programmed to have a specific blood pressure from a computer that it is plugged up to, we had to get within 6 points on either systolic or diastolic… and I got that too! Woot… so I feel good… I also pulled a B in kinetics when all the class averages on the tests were in the low 70s… its kind of like the calculus, statistics, and physics of drugs all rolled into one…which is hard to explain, so i wont try which i'm sure makes you guys happy on multiple levels! but i could tell you some cool sounding stuff... hehe ok, gotta go study just afeeeew more hours before i knock this (Therapeutics-dang) final out. wish me luck- i am gonna need it...