December 5, 2005

What is the DEAL with MAOI's, Scott?

Look, nobody is posting and I have this pharmaceutical question for Scott. I figured I'd share it with everyone since an overly-technical question an answer post is better than, well, nothing (although I understand some may disagree).

Why do so many drugs say you can't take it if you are taking an MAOI? I hear about it all the time on TV and read them on labels (cough syrup, this morning, for instance). What's the deal? Explain to me in (relatively) laymen's terms.

The label said to consult a doctor or pharmacist. I figure since I'm not actually taking an MAOI (to my knowledge), I'll be ok with consulting a pharmacy student.


Check out this high quality precision digital photograph taken with my telephone:



The title says "Congratulations to the 2006-2007 Vanbderbilt Moot Court Board:"

I'm the fifth one down on the left. Wa-hoo!

Meanwhile... exam season is here and I am getting my ass kicked for my refusal to work hard during the semester. Today, Professional responsibility, Wednesday, Evidence, Friday, International Law, Monday, Con Law II, and Wednesday, Employment Law. Then the following Sunday we leave for Ukraine (bon voyage!).

How's everyone else doing?