April 6, 2006

Bookworming

So, I have re-started my book project. Thus far, I have one complete chapter, a full outline of the other 10-12 chapters, and about 40 pages of loose notes, paragraphs to work in and characters in-the-making.

I am going to try to work you all in (with different names but similar character attributes... though HG still has to be an abbreviation). But, I need approval. If anyone does NOT wish to be a character, express it now. A small publisher has already expressed interest, and I'm not in the business of rewriting complete chapters.

I'll probably mention the group in the chapter where I come home to visit, and we all get together in our usual way. Like I said, speak now... cause I have to print the confirmations out for the publisher eventually.

A brief synopsis: A recent college grad moves to the big city to carve out a life for herself. Life sets in, jobs are hard to find and there are early 20s-style encounters with booze, men and she realizes that life in the city is MUCH less glamourous than "Sex and the City". Tested audiences in my target range have responded well.... so let me know!