May 3, 2006

Overpopulation

Professor's overpopulation views stir debate

The professor the article is talking about is at UTex, and I wrote him a letter saying that I support his views and his right to express them. I also mentioned that I agreed with him to an extent, since the planet is overdue for a "population crash" at any moment, and we abuse our resources and simply CONSUME way too much with no (or too little overall) regard for sustaining. I didn't hear from him for over three weeks, and today, he emailed me and a few others who sent supportive emails, and attached synopses of his research and theories. I can't post them here (too long), but email me if you wish, and I can forward them to you. They are really interesting, and make perfect sense from a biological and sociological POV.

Fix the link... I'm at work.