March 26, 2005

The Second Coming

Scott's right--this comic is downright irreverent. I think it means to be funny, but it's not...unless you just really have it out for Christians, or truly and deeply misunderstand some things.

And, barring the creator of this comic having grown up a LOT before writing his Lego bible stories, it seems like the good reverend has just found another outlet, less pungent, for taking out his aggression. That's my take.

There's a huge amount of gray area in theology and in belief...but I think that each of us have a black and white "zone", and that should be respected (right along with freedom of speech and press).

This reminds me of that Question of the Day from HG--Does/should humor have off-limits topics? I guess there will always be differences of opinion?