September 24, 2005

Aftermath

All is well in my neck of Houston.... we really dodged a bullet.

Seriously... I feel very lucky! Right when it started to cloud, we went outside and for the first time in my life I saw a DOUBLE RAINBOW. Two rainbows separated slightly, forming one big, bright rainbow. I think it was an omen...

Anyhow, I have escaped the rain, wind, traffic and looters.... and am home with the animals (with water and power!) , rehanging my pictures and unpacking my irreplaceables.

If anyone wants to do a hurricane drill... time yourself to take EVERYTHING of personal value from your place in less than 10 minutes. It'll really put things in perspective of the things you value. I took a lot of pictures, books and a few things people had given me over the years (the massacred MJHS bear that Pap beheaded came with me!). Just things that could never be replaced...

Thanks for all the emails and posts!