September 16, 2005

Wish me luck

In the interest in getting SOMETHING going on here, I've decided to post one of those generic updates.

School is kicking my ass. I rather stupidly decided to ignore the advice of several faculty and 3rd year students that I should take a light semester this semester. This is the semester of interviewing. I have been doing a month of interivews (16 in all, 14 down, 2 to go) with firms for my summer job. This is important becuase my summer job next summer has a high probability of becoming my permanant job. On top of that, I decided to take 17 hours. That's the msot they let you take. Plus my boss from last summer is finally sending me work. He usually gives me about 10 days to do about 20 hours of work. That doesn't seem like much, but when you are doing all this other crap, it is hard to do. I have one due on Monday that I haven't started and will probably need to put at least 15 hours into.

The good news is I FINALLY got a callback. This is how interviews work. You have your initial interview here on campus. If they like you, they call you back to come to the office to meet with more people. Getting the callback is the hardest part. After that, you generally have somewhere between a 20-75% chance of getting the job. I got my first callback yesterday, so I'm really excited and hopeful. We've tentatively scheduled my interview on Oct. 7, but I am trying to get it moved up (the ealrier I interview, the more spots are available for me to take).

Hopefully it goes well. other than that, things are good. Oksana is working hard in her new role as a math teacher. It is tough, but she really has a knack for it so I don't worry about her.

I hope everyone else is well.