September 1, 2005

My shoe smells like excrement

So I woke up at 3:30 to the distinct sound of water flowing at moderate pressure into the carpet. That can mean only one thing folkes, the dog is pissing on the carpet. So I got up to yell at him and clean up the mess (which included a suspiciously large amount of feces for a 5.5 pound dog). Somehow, without me ever wearing them, crap got stuck to the bottom of my shoe. After washing it at least 10 times (including at least 3 with soap)... it still smells like shit.. So when I put my left foot on my right knee (after all it would be hard to put my left foot on my left knee), I begin to smell excrement.

Just wanted to let everyone know how my day is going. Any suggestions on decontaminating my shoe? There is no visible sign of waste, just a smell and I have a genetic inclination to a strong sense of smell.

And how's everyone else's day going?