November 11, 2005

My Free* XBOX 360

So I got a free* xbox 360!

I went to a link like this one and did everything I am required to do to get a free* xbox 360.

Here is/are the catch[s]:

You have to do all these promotional offers. Yes, you have to spend money. No, it is not nearly as much as paying out of pocket for a free* xbox 360. Here's what I did:

-Free Trial of AOL dialup- FREE (no asterisk) as long as you cancel within 30 days
-Free Trial of AOL broadband- FREE (no asterisk) as long as you cancel within 30 days
-One month of Earthlink dialup- $9.95 as long as you cancel within the first month
-One month of PeoplePC- $7.95 as long as I cancel before rebilling
-PetMeds Online- $40. I need[ed] this anyway [before my dog got pulverized by a Goodyear]
-SouthBeach Diet online- $7. I think $65 prebilled, but as long as you cancel within the first week, they refund you the balance
-Orexis [penis enahancement supplement]- $45, don't need it, but still cheaper than my free* xbox 360 at retail price. I'll try to resell it on e-bay
-Longevity [old age prevention supplement]- $45 I'm aa least 30 years from need this, but again, still well under the full retail price of my free* xbox 360
-Work from home starter kit- $45. I have already gotten credit for this and it hasn't arrived yet, which means I can refuse shipment and not pay (plus it has a 90 day refund guarantee less shipping)


By my tally, I put about $160 dollars into the offer BEFORE counting any return I get on selling Orexis or Longevity on e-bay. I am getting the FULL free* xbox 360 system (the $399 one with the wireless controller and the hard drive).

Here's the second catch. Due to high demand, they won't guarantee I'll get it in any timely manner. They offered me a $399 check isntead. The down side is I have to go to wal-mart at midnight on the 22nd to get one AND I have to pay the tax ($45 or so). But still, that puts me at about $200 for a $400 system (really a $445 system after tax).