October 1, 2005

and you thought i had left you....

Yeah… you can’t get rid of me… I guess I haven't written in awhile… I’m honestly not sure why, I guess I’ve just been doing other things. School has been a blast so far this year… I remember sitting at the hospital last year listening to all the 3rd and 4th year students talking about stuff and it just seemed like they were on an ENTIRELY different level than where we were as P-1s… and now we are in the same classes they were in… and its just so awesome… I’ve been around pharmacy for awhile and I’m still just blown away almost weekly about how it feels to really dig into all this new stuff and try to understand it… I had an idea about what it would be like before I got here, and I think my pre-conceived notion about pharmacy/pharmacists involved about 95% drugs and 5% other stuff on the side to make the drugs make sense… but honestly there is just as much epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, modification of therapy, clinical trial review, physical assessment, and interpretation of data (lab values, EKGs, biological markers…) if not more than the actual learning about drugs part… and I honestly never really expected that at all- and I know I was even probably optimistic about it. We have a funny sign in our front room of the house that says “Use your pharmacist, get more than just drugs”… but its true…
myatt- i'm sure you probably feel the same way? (except about MDs instead)


hey did i mention my leg is screwed up? i've kinda been having pain in my hip, knee, thigh for going on 8 months... i havnt slept through a night in months without waking up in pain every 3-4 hours and having to take something for it... its kinda (really) frustrating as to how it has permiated just about every single aspect of my life... i wouldnt have expected that... i cant run any more, i've put on weight, i cant play sports with my friends, i have a limp and i cant keep up with my friends when i am walking to class.. i usually feel exhausted in class from tossing and turning... i'd be lying if i told you this hasnt been the worst and longest lasting physical problem i've ever had... i got an MRI last week and the doctor is going to check it out and tell me what he thinks on monday... i just wish i hadnt tried to be so tough and get through it on my own before i got help... there is a chance there has been permanent damage... if you believe in praying- i certainly would be receptive if you could do that for my leg... cause i would like to maybe one day get back to leading the life of a normal 23 year old instead of that of a grandparent (not that there is anything wrong with grandparents...) thanks!

Jeff just sent me this link… if you have ever seen the shining you need to check this out… it’s a trailor made up entirely of real movie clips that puts an entirely different spin on the movie… its hilarious!

http://www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING%20FINAL.mov

Holla- scott