October 28, 2005

:'(

Sad news:

When we got home yesterday, my dad announced that he had bad news. Earlier in the morning, our dog Jet wandered off and was missing for an hour or so. My dad went looking for him and found him on Saundersville Ferry Rd., apparently hit by a car. He was still warm when my dad found him, so it had just happened.

It was tough news to bear. I have a lot of work to do and it is hard to focus when you are a little sad. I'll be honest when I say that I've never cared much before about losing a pet. Animals are animals, but this was different. This was the first pet I had in a long time that was realy mine. He was my "little buddy" (as I affectionately called him). The last two maltese dogs belonged to my dad and I didn't care that much except that my dad was sad. This puppy was mine and Oksana's.

Oksana was upset, but took it pretty well. We don't blame anyone except him. He wasn't the brighest when it comes to avoiding imminent peril.

We buried him in my parents yard. His body wasn't pretty, but he OBVIOUSLY didn't see it coming. It's a little comforting to know he didn't suffer or wallow in pain.

We'll miss him. No plans for a new pet for a while. At least until we get our own place which means probably after law school.

Sorry for the depressing post. It's helping me vent a little bit.