October 22, 2005

Week in Review

This week was actually really great....

Now that I am not having to work a second job, I have been able to concentrate on work completely... and have even gotten a few compliments about my performance this week. I have been a little sharper at work, and been able to come home after work and relax... which was a bit of a rarity before two weeks ago! I still haven't been paid though... which (apparently to the Texas Dept. of Labor) is a direct violation of their code. I should have been paid on the 15th, and am still waiting. I don't want to drag this thing out... but I need my money. When I called to make sure I had read the law books correctly, the Dept. of Labor person told me I should file grievance immediately. I really don't want it to come to this, but.... we'll see.

LSAT score: 156. I know, I know. I should be relatively happy with it... but I know I botched the games section, and if I got that score with a really terrible games score, that means that if I had done (relatively) well on the games... I would probably be looking @ 160+, which was my goal. However, I am finished taking the LSAT... I just hope they look at my games percentages from the first LSAT... they were my saving grace then (and if I had that games score instead of my new one, I'd have a 165, which would have been awesome!). A totally decent score.. and I am happy with it... I just can't help but thing about what I could have gotten. And that irritates me BIG TIME.

But, I think that will be good enough to get me into STCL, St. Mary's, Ole Miss, University of Memphis, and a handful of others, all of which I would LOVE to attend. I really would like to get into U of Houston, since I'm so close to their campus, but we'll see.

So... I've been brewing an idea for a while, and I think I finally have the time to sit down and write a book. A bit ambitious, I know... but, I already have 30 pages and a chapter outline for up to 10 chapters. It's a fluff piece about post-college life in the real world.... jobs, relationships, etc. But, so far, it's a cute book.... a "beach read" if I ever saw one. We'll see how fast I can get this thing out... and I might post a chapter or two here for review.

I am coming in and bringing Jack over T'giving. Is everyone going to be in? We should grab a drink on Friday night..... HG, get off work now.