October 14, 2005

Fisher & Phillips SUCKS...

.... because they decided not to give me a job. I don't know why, because I thought it went pretty well. Probably because my grades were so-so first semester and I had an asshole for a legal writing teacher.

So here are my remaining options:

Swift, Currie- Atlanta, GA
Pros: Atlanta (accessable to our Church), good people, very nice, very approachable and fun to be around, seemingly family friendly
Cons: Salary way below Atlanta standard ($77K), tons of Workers Comp (not exactly fun)

Frost, Brown- Nashville, TN
Pros: small office of big firm means good environment with lots of resources, one of the highest paying in Nashville market (88K), casual work environment, diverse practice, familiar city
Cons: something about them just didn't click. The litigation guy in charge was just a little too... intense. I'm not convinced I would fit in there.

McCarter & English- Newark, NJ
Pros: Pay about average for market (105K), familiar with the firm, familier with the city, big bonuses
Cons: Terrible cost of living in NJ, huge firm means long hours, moving further away from TN than desirable

Those are the ones I havne't heard from. I might not get offers from any of them. Then I'll have to start over and look for other opportunities.